Thursday, February 7, 2008

Congratulations!

Massive congratulations to the wonderful Kate Hardy for winning this year's Romance Prize with the fabulous Breakfast at Giovanni's! I read the book and absolutely loved it. Kate is an absolutely terrific storyteller and I am so thrilled that she won the award in the centenary year for M&B with her 25th book!

The main award was won by Freya North, a writer I'm not that familiar with, as the first book of hers I tried to read, Sally, just didn't resonate with me. But her award winning title, Pillow Talk, looks like a great read, so I'll get it next time I'm near a bookshop, which, knowing me, will be pretty soon!

4 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Thank you, Julie! I have to say I'm still utterly thrilled, four days later :o)

And thank you also for such lovely comments on my book.

Karen said...

I was lucky enough to win six of the shortlisted RNA books over on Trashionista's website recently. I've also never got to grips with Freya North, but I'm going to give Pillow Talk a go - it's the least I can do!

Karen said...

...no disrespect to the winner, but I think Penny Vincenzi should win some recognition for her truly fabulous story-telling somewhere!!

Joan Moules said...

Thank you Julie for your review of It's One of Ours. That book and Tin Hats and Gas Masks are due out in large print and in audio in June and October, along with The Straw Halter. Gosh we're in June already, half the year gone! Best wishes, Joan.