Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another attempt at Catching Up...

I'm full of admiration for people who blog daily. As you can probably see from my pathetic attempts at blogging, even once a month is sometimes beyond me!

October and November have not been the easiest of months this year. A dear friend of mine had to have an operation and all my appliances from my car to my washing machine decided to give up the ghost. Now, looking back, I realize that have an appliance not working is a rather trivial matter, but with one thing coming on top of the other, I wasn't at my best this past month. But luckily, good news has come my way at last with my husband getting a promotion and with my son's graduation round the corner.

October and November has also been a time of reflection for me. The death of romance pioneer Anne Weale was a huge shock to me. I cut my reading teeth on Anne's books and her blogs, although controversial, always made for great reading. She was a woman whose intelligence and knowledge shone through every sentence she wrote so her loss will be deeply felt. With Mills and Boon's centenary coming up, I hope that M&B will publish some special releases as a tribute to the wonderful writers such as Weale, Charlotte Lamb, Betty Neels, Anne Hampson and Mary Burchell, who have helped make the company the success it is today.

No comments: